We Recommend the Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests:
Other Motion Test Software
- Tests your browser’s support for VSYNC
- PRAD’s PixPerAn – Pixel Persistence Analyzer (free software download):
- Lagom’s LCD response test (very old web test):
- DisplayMate Multimedia with Motion Bitmaps Edition (commercial software):
Frame Rate Comparisons
- Animation of 15fps versus 30fps versus 60fps via TestUFO
- Another animation of 15fps versus 30fps versus 60fps
- Bouncing balls at multiple different simultaneous framerates (configurable)
Display manufacturers, VR headset makers, and some well-financed professional testers, use professional equipment such as automated moving cameras (pursuit cameras) that measures a benchmark called MPRT (Motion Picture Response Time). Other test equipment such as lag testers are also available.
- MotionMaster Motion Picture Response Time Measurement Kit [Professional] www.westardisplaytechnologies.com/products/motion-blur-measurement-kit-motionmaster/
- Leo Bodnar Lag Tester [Basic] www.leobodnar.com/products/LagTest/
NOTE: For reduced budgets, Blur Busters has also invented an inexpensive pursuit camera technique, with a peer reviewed conference paper, and is made available at no cost, except to credit Blur Busters. This technique is now in use by multiple display reviewer websites.