TFT Central reported AUO Optronic’s panel production plans for 2018. The post is lengthy, but the highlights include:
- Production for the 27″ 144Hz 3840×2160 true HDR IPS panels featured in the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ, Acer Predator X27, and AOC AGON AG273UG are delayed to November 2017, with release expected Q1 2018.
- 32″ versions of the above panels are expected to be produced Q3 2018 for a Q4 2018 release.
- 27″ 240Hz 2560×1440 TN panels with 90-95% DCI-P3 coverage and 600 nits peak brightness (for HDR “support”) are planned for Q2 2018 production, with the curved 25″ 240Hz 1920×1080 TN versions to follow Q3 2018.
- AUO plans to decrease the native average GtG response times on their TN panels from 5ms to 3ms, and their AHVA (IPS-type) panels from 14ms to 10ms before overdrive is applied.
- 35″ 120Hz 3440×1440 VA ultrawide panels with 90% DCI-P3 coverage and 600 nits peak brightness (for HDR “support”) are planned for January 2018 production, with the 200Hz VA versions that include 1000 nits peak brightness being pushed back to Q2 2018 production.
The complete post, including details on upcoming professional panels, can be found here.